Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Belkin Routers Internet Outage

[ Edited ]

We are aware of the internet outages for customers using select Belkin router models.  We are currently working to identify the root cause and will provide more information when we have more details.

We have also identified a workaround that will enable some users to get back online. Please visit and subscribe to the page below to get updates.

www.belkin.com/outage

UPDATE: Oct. 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM PDT

Starting approximately midnight on October 7, Belkin began experiencing an issue with a service configured in certain Belkin router models that causes a failure when it checks for general network connectivity by pinging a site hosted by Belkin.  We know this issue has affected select older Wireless-N Belkin router models including F9K1102, F9K1105, F9K1113 and F9K1116. We are continuing to investigate other possible routers that may have been affected.  We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  Until there is a fix in place, we have identified a workaround for customers that are using the F9K1102 and F9K1105 routers to regain internet connectivity.  That work-around as well as ongoing updates can be found at our outage status page for more information: www.belkin.com/outage

UPDATE: Oct. 7, 2014 at 3:14 PM PDT

We have confirmed that the internet connectivity issue is now resolved. 

If your service has not yet been restored, please unplug your router and plug it back in after waiting 1 minute. Wait 5 more minutes and the router should reconnect. If you have any further issues, please contact our support at (800) 223-5546. 

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience to our customers. We are taking a number of actions to eliminate this sort of incident from reoccurring.

UPDATE: Oct. 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM PDT

One of our cloud services associated with maintaining router operations was negatively impacted by a change made in our data center that caused a false denial of service.  Normal operations were restored by 3PM PST, however, some users might still be required to reset their router and/or cable modem to regain connectivity. Moving forward, we will continue to monitor, improve and validate the system to ensure our routers continue to work properly in the event connectivity to our cloud environment is not available.

Re: Belkin Routers Internet Outage

I bought a N600 BD Wireless N+ Router Model: F9K1102V2 last year when I moved into my Apartment in Davis, CA. I am aware that there is a Belkin Service Outage on "select older models" but am unable to find which models are actually affected. Is the N600 part of this outage or is something else going on? I contacted my Internet Service Provider (Korcett, part of Comcast) as was told that the Internet was not down in my location, but am still not able to gain access through my router after shutting off the device and hitting the reset button on the back. If someone could please post a list of affected models I'm sure it would be extremely helpful to the frustrated internetless waiting for a resolution to this problem. 

To reiterate: Is the N600 DB Wireless N+ Router part of the Belkin Service Outage which began on Oct. 7, 2014? 

Thank You! 

This fix does not work on the N600 (AC750).

The reason is, this fix changes the DNS on the PC not in the router.  This router model router still complains there is no internet connection and thus will not pass any LAN network traffic out to the internet!

The fix I posted works.  It's only a temporary fix for most though.

Bob

I have been a Belkin customer for a long time.  Fortunately for me, I just bought a new Belkin router a couple days ago.  What this means is my solution to this issue will be to return the router and buy a different brand.  The poor communication and support on this issue not to mention the fact that this issue got through testing is the reason Belkin is no longer my brand.  I am sorry for those of you that will have to wait until the next upgrade to rid themselves of this brand as well.

Could someone please email me to let me know when the routers will be operational again?  This was a total surprise to me regarding my router.  I thought the thing had burned out.  God knows I am unable to buy a new one and paid for the one I have to be repair.  Are you sure that the outage is the problem?

Thanks.

Ok people this is a stupid fix listed above.

Now here's how to do it the right way.

Disconnect your router from everything

Go to belkin.com

Find your router's firmware update download the oldest one and save it to a new folder on the desktop and name it to find it easy

Plug in your router

Go to network and sharing center

Click on see full map

Find your router click on it it will take you to the routers update page in most cases

Look for the firmware update it was on the lower right of the webpage for me

Click on browse find the update you downloaded and saved to a new folder on the desktop earlier double click on the file and it will update to an older version of the firmware problem solved my router works perfect and faster.

Geez all those smart engineers at Belkin look pretty smart now with their crappy auto updating junk router reminds me of iRobot.

lol you better sleep with one eye open from now on because of this type of stuff.

Your welcome and you realy should pay for being dumb but as a Poor gamer with a crappy computer I feel everyone should know how to fix it themselfs.

OLDER models (...select older Wireless-N Belkin router models including F9K1102, F9K1105, F9K11...")???  I bought mine last year at Best Buy.  What do you classify as current models - those bought within the last 3 weeks?  This is insulting and your company's slow response is irresponsible in the digital age!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok people this is a stupid fix listed above.

Now here's how to do it the right way.

Disconnect your router from everything

Go to belkin.com

Find your router's firmware update download the oldest one and save it to a new folder on the desktop and name it to find it easy

Plug in your router

Go to network and sharing center

Click on see full map

Find your router click on it it will take you to the routers update page in most cases

Look for the firmware update it was on the lower right of the webpage for me

Click on browse find the update you downloaded and saved to a new folder on the desktop earlier double click on the file and it will update to an older version of the firmware problem solved my router works perfect and faster.

Geez all those smart engineers at Belkin look pretty smart now with their crappy auto updating junk router reminds me of iRobot.

lol you better sleep with one eye open from now on because of this type of stuff.

Your welcome and you realy should pay for being dumb but as a Poor gamer with a crappy computer I feel everyone should know how to fix it themselfs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This does not work for me as the only firmware listed for my model N600 (AC750) is the one I am currently on!!!!

So your fix may work on your models but you do not say what that is.

This fix I posted here works for many:

http://community.belkin.com/t5/Wireless/Belkin-routers-all-down-worldwide-and-this-is-the-reason/m-p...

Bob

I have a Belkin F9K1102v3 it's not working. Your customer service told me it would be 72 hours or more till it would be fixed BUT if I pay $119 I could have it fixed right now!

What kind of scam is Belkin running here?

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a belkin router also, I woke up around 12 and it was not working with my internet. I unplugged my Ethernet cord and just plugged it back in to my belkin at 6 and now I have internet again. I dont know what happen but I am glad its back on. Also I have the F9K1102